A Brush with Kindness is a county-wide effort to serve low-income homeowners who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes.
A Brush with Kindness offers affordable, exterior home repairs such as:
- Painting and/or siding repair
- Minor structural repairs
- Installation of handicap-accessible ramps and railings
- Exterior repairs to doors, windows, porches, etc.
- Landscaping to improve appearance and resolve safety issues
Qualified Home Owners:
- Own & reside in a home in Jackson County needing repairs (no rental properties)
- Have household income at or below 80% of Jackson County median family income (see chart below)
- Are up-to-date on property taxes and mortgage payments (if any)
- Can repay a portion of repair costs up front or monthly with our zero interest loan
- Partner with Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity for the repair project
|Family Size||Maximum Monthly Income|