ReStore Yard & Intake Supervisor
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Description: This position is responsible for overseeing the intake of donations at the ReStore, supervising safety and maintenance of the yard facilities, providing excellent customer service, assisting the ReStore Manager with merchandising and sales, building relationships with donors, and coordinating operations management with the ReStore Manager.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly at 40 hours per week
- General Duties
- Supervise and lead ReStore Intake Associates and volunteers, ensuring job duties are effectively performed and policies and procedures are followed
- Train and coach new ReStore intake employees and volunteers on GJHFH ReStore policies and procedures
- Supervise the safety and security of the yard and intake area
- Ensure items brought in for donation and picked up for donation are in compliance with GJHFH acceptable and unacceptable donation lists
- Supervise the maintenance of the ReStore. Examples: lawn care and snow removal, organization of the yard and intake areas, general upkeep of the facilities, securing facilities at the end of the day
- Customer service: Every customer should be acknowledged and assisted. Building 3 showrooms should never be left unattended while customers are in the area.
- Assist ReStore Manager with sales, customer service, merchandising, completing sales transactions.
- Oversee inventory of items donated as the truck arrives back to the store from a pick-up. Coordinate inventory tracking with ReStore Manager.
- Ability to operate cash register and check out customers.
- Effectively communicate with ReStore Manager any concerns or issues regarding the store, employees, volunteers merchandise, yard, intake area and building 3 showrooms
- Other Duties as Assigned by the ReStore Manager and Executive Director
- Required Skills / Experience
- Management experience and skills
- Customer service and sales experience
- Knowledge and experience in retail sales.
- Team building a real plus.
- Should have a Christ-centered approach to leadership.
- Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions.
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the GJHFH ministry and know that ReStore is only a part of the larger goal.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment and accurately make change.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months’ work experience.
- Must have a driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must present a clean positive image in dress, language and behavior.