In the midst of this pandemic, we would like to keep you updated with all things Jackson Habitat. Stay connected through this page to see the newest news regarding policy changes and safety protocols.
March 24, 2020
In keeping with the stay-at-home mandate from the governor’s office, we have closed our facility and ceased all building activity until April 13, 2020. Our administration staff is working from home and will be monitoring voice mails and emails. Please stay in touch, and we will keep you updated as changes occur.
Meanwhile, if you’d like to make an extra gift to support Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity during this time, as we’re losing income by the day, you can make a one-time donation by clicking the button below.DONATE: COVID-19 Relief
March 19, 2020
Dear Habitat for Humanity supporter,
I am writing to provide an update about the measures Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity is taking to protect our staff, volunteers and the people we serve during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
These measures are based on guidance from Habitat for Humanity International and local, state and national public health authorities. We are continually monitoring the situation, and our approach may change as new guidance is provided.
The following amendments to our operations have been implemented until March 31, 2020, at which time we will evaluate the situation and determine whether to extend that date out in the interest of public health.
- Our daily operations will be reduced to include only paid staff and administration of Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity. All volunteer activity for construction, operations and ReStore will be placed on hold.
- All home visits, including donation pick-ups for the ReStore, in-person meetings, and public meetings will be suspended.
- If you are a client in need of services, we will not be accepting applications in person while this policy is in effect. If you are in need of services, please call our Family Services Coordinator, Jamie Potts at (517)784-6620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a regular volunteer at Habitat, we will not have you return until this policy has been rescinded. Please call ahead or email your volunteer coordinator before returning to Habitat as we cannot make exceptions.
- The Restore will remain open normal business hours, T-Sa 10-5, for as long as it is safe for the public and our staff to continue to do business in this way. We will put out a public notice if this changes. Donations will be accepted on a drop-off basis. Pick-up of donations will be put on hold.
We recognize these measures may be disruptive to your plans, but given our local conditions, this these amendments are prudent. Please know that we are constantly monitoring the situation and will update our plans as new details emerge. Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this public health crisis together.
Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity