In the midst of this pandemic, we would like to keep you updated with all things Jackson Habitat. Stay connected through this page to see the newest news regarding policy changes and safety protocols.
May 13, 2020
Click the link or image below to read our response to COVID-19, safety protocols, and timeline for resuming operations.
May 8, 2020
Construction will resume on the Heyser St. house on the 18th. Our full COVID-19 Action Plan that details our new safety and operations protocols will be published on this page before the 18th. Please check back for those updates.
The Heyser house was 80% finished when we had to cease operations, and now we’re two+ months behind on getting it finished. The family who will be buying and moving into that house is a family of 4 with 2 young children and have worked very hard for the past year and a half to complete the homeowner program, which consists of financial education, homebuyer classes and sweat equity (volunteer hours). Their original timeline for moving into their new home was end of April. We’ve created a fundraiser to raise the final amount of funds to get this house finished so the delay is kept to a minimum. If you’d like to find out how to get involved, you can click here or email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the extension of the state’s Stay Home order to May 28, we’ve extended our curbside-only status through that date as well. You can shop online here. In addition, keep an eye on the ReStore’s Facebook page for daily photos of new items.
Our updated ReStore Reopening Plan can be found here.
April 29, 2020
Construction and volunteer activities remain suspended until after the state government restrictions are lifted on May 15. However, The ReStore will begin selling merchandise online and by phone for curbside pickup on May 5 through May 16.Click Here for the full ReStore Reopening Plan
We are in the process of developing a website for you to shop online. The site is live and active and can be viewed here. We will continue to add merchandise throughout this week and daily in the future. Please check back often.Click Here for the ReStore Online Store
ReStore policy for these first 2 weeks of May are as follows:
May 5 through May 16, we will be open on a curbside pickup status only. Please review the following information related to sales during this time period:
- Customers are not allowed inside the store during these two weeks.
- Products can be purchased online or by phone (517-784-7640).
- Purchases made online can be paid for by credit/debit card at the time of purchase, or you can choose the “pay at the store” option and pay when you pick up your merchandise.
- If you choose the “pay at the store” option, we will hold your item for 24 hours. If it is not picked up and paid for in 24 hours from the time you checkout, we reserve the right to return the item to inventory to sell again.
- Payments accepted: credit/debit cards or cash (pay at store option only). We do not accept checks.
- When you arrive at the store to pick up your order, call 517-784-7640 and we will bring your item(s) outside. You will be responsible for loading your items in your vehicle. Store staff are not permitted to load merchandise into customers’ vehicles.
- We will hold your item for you to pick up for a maximum of 3 days (72 hours) after you checkout. If it is not picked up within 3 days we reserve the right to return the item to inventory to sell again and issue a store credit for the amount of your purchase.
Online ordering: 24/7
Staff at the store: Tuesday – Saturday 10 – 5
Curbside pickup: Tuesday – Saturday 12-4
Special note regarding returns:
Our general return policy is listed on our Shipping & Returns page. All sales are final once the item leaves our store. For online purchases, please inspect your item prior to leaving the store when you pick it up. Once the item leaves the store, our normal general return policy is enforced.
For questions related to product, policy, hours, etc. please call 517-784-7640 or email email@example.com
March 24, 2020
In keeping with the stay-at-home mandate from the governor’s office, we have closed our facility and ceased all building activity until April 13, 2020. Our administration staff is working from home and will be monitoring voice mails and emails. Please stay in touch, and we will keep you updated as changes occur.
Meanwhile, if you’d like to make an extra gift to support Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity during this time, as we’re losing income by the day, you can make a one-time donation by clicking the button below.DONATE: COVID-19 Relief
March 19, 2020
Dear Habitat for Humanity supporter,
I am writing to provide an update about the measures Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity is taking to protect our staff, volunteers and the people we serve during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
These measures are based on guidance from Habitat for Humanity International and local, state and national public health authorities. We are continually monitoring the situation, and our approach may change as new guidance is provided.
The following amendments to our operations have been implemented until March 31, 2020, at which time we will evaluate the situation and determine whether to extend that date out in the interest of public health.
- Our daily operations will be reduced to include only paid staff and administration of Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity. All volunteer activity for construction, operations and ReStore will be placed on hold.
- All home visits, including donation pick-ups for the ReStore, in-person meetings, and public meetings will be suspended.
- If you are a client in need of services, we will not be accepting applications in person while this policy is in effect. If you are in need of services, please call our Family Services Coordinator, Jamie Potts at (517)784-6620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a regular volunteer at Habitat, we will not have you return until this policy has been rescinded. Please call ahead or email your volunteer coordinator before returning to Habitat as we cannot make exceptions.
- The Restore will remain open normal business hours, T-Sa 10-5, for as long as it is safe for the public and our staff to continue to do business in this way. We will put out a public notice if this changes. Donations will be accepted on a drop-off basis. Pick-up of donations will be put on hold.
We recognize these measures may be disruptive to your plans, but given our local conditions, this these amendments are prudent. Please know that we are constantly monitoring the situation and will update our plans as new details emerge. Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this public health crisis together.
Greater Jackson Habitat for Humanity