This house has been in Bertha’s family for multiple generations. Her mother passed away two years ago, leaving the home to her. Bertha now lives in the home with her daughter.
Among other things, the house has endured water damage in the bathroom and kitchen. The condition of the home is such that without intervention, it would continue to deteriorate and soon become uninhabitable.
Bertha doesn’t have the financial means to do the necessary repairs. She applied and qualified for our Critical Home Repair program, and we’re honored to be able to help stabilize her living conditions and save her home.
Through this program we’ll:
- Rehabilitate the bathroom, replacing a small, crumbling bathtub with a full size tub/shower, and replacing the window and flooring.
- Rehabilitate the kitchen, repairing the drywall, replacing the cabinets and appliances.
- Rebuilding the back entryway steps that have deteriorated.
- Replacing the window in the dining room to prevent future water damage.
- Bring the electrical and plumbing systems up to code.
If you would like to contribute to this project, please visit our donation page to make a donation specifically for this home. By donating, you will:
- Make a valuable impact to this family and the local community.
- Receive weekly updates on the progress of the project, including pictures, so that you can stay up to date on how your contribution is making a difference.